Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The power of a good haircut

It doesn’t matter if you’re a kid or a grown up, a man or a woman, single or married. Nothing beats a good haircut when it comes to lifting your mood or your spirit.


New clothes are nice and new shoes are cool too, but a new haircut can make you stand up straighter, hold your head higher, and make you see things from a new perspective. It’s incredible and it never fails.

When we take our boys for haircuts, it’s the same thing. I am always amazed at the transformation in their posture. For as long as the cut feels new they both make an extra effort to sit up straight, brush their hair and be a little neater with their clothes. A mother’s dream, at least for a day or two.

My sister in law took me for my first haircut. It was in the 80’s and she took me to her stylist for my first cut and style. It was a bi-level bob, a la Salt-N-Pepa and I’ve never stopped thanking her for taking me. Not only do I remember feeling trendy and “fresh” but I remember feeling honored that she cared enough about me to share one of her secrets to looking and feeling good. Days after the cut, it was time to rework the wardrobe to match the new do and the start of my journey into style.

In the 90’s, it happened again. Andrew was the man and TriBeca was the place. He loved doing hair and every time I walked out of his salon, my hair was supermodel stylish. Those were the days.

Today, I have that same feeling. I have a great new cut, an exciting new color and my hair dresser extraordinaire Vikki has inspired me to make some other changes as well. God bless my hairdresser.

If you need me, I’ll be at Macys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
counter for blogger
Site Meter